Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Thursday, June 29, 2017 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
5. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
6. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda.
7. Community Service Organization Reports.
a. Report on status of the downtown redesign (Vermijo Street - Tejon to Sierra Madre). (Henry Yankowski - County Administrator/Bob Cope - City of Colorado Springs, Economic Development Division Manager)
8. Consent Calendar:
a. Resolution to accept State Fiscal Year 2017-2018 (FY17/18) Allocation Letter #4 for $6,659,782.05 from the State of Colorado, Division of Criminal Justice Community Corrections, and approve FY17/18 Allocation Letters to local Community Corrections vendors. (Tim Wolken – Executive Director, Community Services Department)
b. Contracts and Procurement 2017 Regular Item: (Eileen Gonzales - Contracts and Procurement Manager)
1. Purchase order to Rocky Mountain Field Institute (RMFI) for Jones Park Trail Decommissioning Project for the Community Services Department, Park Operations for a cost of $99,618.00
9. Proclamation recognizing the retirement of Elizabeth Fredrickson. (Mark Waller - President Pro Tempore, Board of County Commissioners)
10. Called-Up Consent Calendar.
11. Resolution to approve the submittal of a Proffer Letter for the development of trap and skeet facilities at the Cheyenne Mountain Shooting Complex. (Tim Wolken - Executive Director, Community Services Department)
12. Hearing on the application by CHS Hospitality III, LLC, d/b/a Purple Toad Social Tap & Grill, for a tavern liquor license on the premises located at 11868, 11870 and 11872 Stapleton Dr., El Paso County. (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk and Recorder's Office)
13. Request to approve one of several commissioner district boundary change options and to make technical changes to all five County Commissioner Districts. (Chuck Broerman - Clerk and Recorder)
14. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items:
a. Presentation of the 2016 El Paso County Comprehensive Annual Financial Report. (Nicola Sapp - CFAO, Administration and Financial Services)
b. Monthly Budget Report - May 2017; Sales and Use Tax Report- April 2017 (Sherri Cassidy - Controller, Administration and Financial Services)
16. Executive Session.
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
Audio recordings of Non-Action Public Meetings (Work Sessions, etc.) are also available free of charge on the County’s website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.