Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Thursday, May 05, 2016 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
5. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
6. Community Service Organization Reports.
7. Consent Calendar:
a. Resolution to approve a general license between El Paso County, Colorado, and the Department of the Army regarding the provision of services by the Clerk and Recorder on the Fort Carson Military Reservation. (Chuck Broerman - County Clerk and Recorder/Steven Klaffky - Assistant County Attorney)
b. Request to approve appointment to the El Paso County Emergency Services Authority (ESA) Advisory Board. (Jessica McMullen - Executive Administrative Assistant, Administrative Services)
c. Resolution for authorization of increase in Petty Cash for the County Attorney - Human Services Office for budget year 2016. (Nicola Sapp - CFAO, Administration and Financial Services )
d. Resolution to close a checking account for the Sheriff's Office Transitional Residential Treatment ("TRT") Program that was established for revenue collections and refunds. (Nicola Sapp - CFAO, Administration and Financial Services)
e. Resolution to recognize revenue and appropriate expenditures in the amount of $1,423,888 from AspenPointe Health Network, Memorial Health Systems, and Catholic Health Initiatives Colorado, to the Department of Human Services (DHS), Detoxification Division 2016 budget for detoxification services. (Nicola Sapp - CFAO, Administration and Financial Services)
8. Proclamation recognizing May 6 – 12, 2016 as RN Appreciation Week. (Amy Lathen - Chair, Board of County Commissioners)
9. Called-Up Consent Calendar.
10. Resolution to approve a collection agreement with the United States Forest Service. (Tim Wolken - Executive Director, Community Services Department)
11. Resolution amending the El Paso County Personnel Policies Manual. (Diana May - Senior Assistant County Attorney/Andrea McGee - Director, Employment and Risk Management)
12. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items:
a. BoCC Budget Report - March 2016 and Sales and Use Tax Report - February 2016. (Nicola Sapp - CFAO, Administration and Financial Services )
14. Executive Session.
15. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda.
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
Audio recordings of Non-Action Public Meetings (Work Sessions, etc.) are also available free of charge on the County’s website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.