Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Request for consent to appoint Deputy District Attorneys. (Dan May - District Attorney)
5. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
6. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
7. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda.
8. Community Service Organization Reports.
9. Consent Calendar:
a. Proclamation recognizing the retirement of Laura Rutan of the Office of the Clerk and Recorder. (Stan VanderWerf - Commissioner, Board of County Commissioners)
10. Called-Up Consent Calendar.
11. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items.
13. Executive Session:
a. Executive Session pursuant to C.R.S. § 24-6-402(b) and (e), related to the litigation matter known as McCully v. El Paso County et al 16-cv-867-WJM-MEH, for the purposes of:
1. Conference with the County Attorney’s Office for the purpose of receiving legal advice on specific legal questions, including but not limited to available procedural mechanisms recommended by outside counsel; and
2. determining positions that may be relative to matters that may be subject to negotiations, developing strategy for negotiations, and instructing negotiators relative to the litigation. (Kenneth Hodges - Senior Assistant County Attorney/Diana May - Senior Assistant County Attorney)
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
Audio recordings of Non-Action Public Meetings (Work Sessions, etc.) are also available free of charge on the County’s website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.