Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
5. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
6. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda.
7. Community Service Organization Reports.
8. Consent Calendar:
a. Resolution to Adopt the 2017 Continuity of Government Plan. (Jim Reid - Executive Director, Department of Public Works/Lonnie Inzer - Deputy Chief, Office of Emergency Management)
b. Issuance of one Ambulance Permit for Fountain Fire Department. (Ted Sayer - ESA Business Analyst, Department of Public Works)
9. Proclamation recognizing the retirement of Gloria Philipsen. (Stan VanderWerf - Commissioner, Board of County Commissioners)
10. Proclamation recognizing Memorial Day. (Longinos Gonzalez - Commissioner, Board of County Commissioners)
11. Called-Up Consent Calendar.
12. Request for approval pursuant to C.R.S. § 30-11-114 and 1-5-101(3), to organize new and to change existing precincts in the county. (Chuck Broerman - Clerk & Recorder)
13. Public hearing regarding proposed commissioner district boundary change plans to make technical changes to the County Commissioner Districts. (Chuck Broerman - Clerk & Recorder)
14. Resolution approving Contract to Buy and Sell Real Estate (Land) and Addendum, for property located at Section 4, Township 11 South, Range 67 West of the 6th P.M. (Tax Schedule No. 7104300001) (“Elephant Rock Open Space”) for use by the Community Services Department, Parks Division. (Steven Klaffky - Assistant County Attorney/Elaine Kleckner - Planning Manager, Community Services Department)
15. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items.
17. Executive Session.
WHEN: Immediately following the BoCC meeting
WHERE: Centennial Hall Auditorium, 200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs,
AGENDA: Communication Strategy: during a loss or reduction in public services due to natural or human hazard or emergency.
Commissioner Peggy Littleton
Dr. Jim Terbush
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
Audio recordings of Non-Action Public Meetings (Work Sessions, etc.) are also available free of charge on the County’s website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.