Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Thursday, September 04, 2014 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
5. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
6. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda.
7. Second reading of a resolution to submit a ballot question to the registered Electors of El Paso County regarding whether to reduce the current term limits on the elected office of District Attorney for the 4th Judicial District (continued from July 1, 2014) (Lori Seago - Senior Assistant County Attorney)
8. Second reading of a resolution to submit a ballot question to the registered Electors of El Paso County regarding whether to reduce the current term limits on the elected office of El Paso County Sheriff (continued from July 1, 2014). (Lori Seago - Senior Assistant County Attorney)
9. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items.
11. Executive Session.
a. Executive Session pursuant to C.R.S. § 24-6-402(4)(b) and (e) regarding EEOC complaints filed by members of the Sheriff’s Office and pending notices of claim against the Sheriff’s Office requiring internal investigation of County systems, including:
1. Conference with the County Attorney’s Office for the purpose of receiving legal advice on specific legal questions; and
2. determining positions relative to matters that may be subject to negotiations; developing strategy for negotiations; and instructing negotiators. (Diana May - Senior Assistant County Attorney/Raymond Deeny, Esq. - Sherman & Howard)
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings of BOCC meetings are available
free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly
viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete
discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.