Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
5. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
6. Community Service Organization Reports:
a. Update on the local residential real estate market. (Henry Yankowski - County Administrator, Administrative Services/Harry A. Salzman - Realtor, Salzman Real Estate Services)
b. Request for Board of County Commissioners to support a ballot initiative effort to determine fair districts for the State Legislature and U.S. Congress. (Mark Waller - President Pro Tempore, Board of County Commissioners/Alan P. Philp - Chief Operating Officer, Aegis Strategic, LLC/ Toni Larson - League of Women Voters)
7. Consent Calendar:
a. Issuance of two ambulance permits for American Medical Response. (Ted Sayer - ESA Business Analyst, Department of Public Works)
8. Recognizing the retirement of Charles Mobley. (Peggy Littleton, Commissioner - Board of County Commissioners).
9. Called-Up Consent Calendar.
10. Hearing on the application by National Green Source, LLC, d/b/a The Green Source, for change of ownership of three medical marijuana optional premises cultivation licenses located at 6345 East Platte, El Paso County, from Todays Health Care LLC and Todays Health Care II, LLC. (Peter Lichtman - Senior Assistant County Attorney)
11. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda.
12. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items.
14. Executive Session:
a. Pursuant to C.R.S. §24-6-402(4)(f)(I), the County Attorney’s Office is requesting an Executive Session with the Board of County Commissioners during its regular meeting scheduled on February 22, 2018 or as soon as practicable thereafter, regarding personnel matters pertaining to the annual performance reviews for the County Administrator and County Attorney. (Amy Folsom - County Attorney).
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
Audio recordings of Non-Action Public Meetings (Work Sessions, etc.) are also available free of charge on the County’s website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.