Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Tuesday, May 26, 2015 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
5. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
6. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda and Community Organization Reports.
a. Girl of the West and Aide to the Girl of the West, Pikes Peak Range Riders, and Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo presentation. (Dennis Hisey - Commissioner, Board of County Commissioners/Corliss Palmer, Director of The Girls of the West)
b. Colorado Springs/El Paso County Continuum of Care (CoC) update. (Jeff Greene - County Administrator/Shawna Kemppainen - Executive Director, Urban Peak)
7. Consent Calendar:
a. Request to approve the May 7 and 12, 2015 minutes. (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk & Recorder's Office)
b. Request to approve a reappointment to the El Paso County Board of Adjustment. (Jessica McMullen - Executive Administrative Assistant, Administrative Services)
c. Request to approve an appointment to the CONO Advisory Committee. (Jessica McMullen - Executive Administrative Assistant, Administrative Services)
d. Request to approve a Joint City/County Drainage Board Reappointment. (Jessica McMullen - Executive Administrative Assistant, Administrative Services)
e. Request to approve an appointment to the Arkansas Basin Roundtable. (Jessica McMullen - Executive Administrative Assistant, Administrative Services)
f. Final release of Check No. 1113 for improvements of Paint Brush Hills Filing No.13A (GEC-Borrow Area) subdivision in the amount of $6,065.40 plus accrued interest. (Jim Reid - Executive Director, Public Services Department/Andre Brackin - County Engineer, Public Services Department )
g. Resolution to prioritize 2016 Gaming Impact projects and to authorize submittal of the respective grant applications to the Local Government Limited Gaming Impact Fund. (Tim Wolken - Executive Director, Community Services Department/Christine Burns - Grant Analyst, Community Services Department)
h. Resolution to approve a Park Lands Agreement with GTL Inc. (Tim Wolken - Executive Director, Community Services Department)
i. Resolution to appoint hearing referees for the 2015 El Paso County Board of Equalization. (Steven Klaffky - Assistant County Attorney)
j. Resolution authorizing litigation in the form of interpleader, naming Armed Forces Bank, N.A. and MM Ranch, LLC as Defendants regarding disputed funds remaining from Bank Midwest, N.A., Standby Letter of Credit No. 2000209540. (Kenneth Hodges - Senior Assistant County Attorney)
k. Resolution to approve a cost sharing agreement for Carson Street Bridge improvements. (Tim Wolken - Executive Director, Community Services Department/Kenny Hodges - Assistant County Attorney)
l. Request consideration and approval of a resolution to approve a Memorandum of Agreement, and to approve and accept a Special Warranty Deed (Parcel No. RW-57) and a Temporary Construction Easement Agreement (TE-57) from Donald Reichert, Jr. and Kathleen Reichert, related to the Marksheffel Road South improvements. (Jim Reid - Executive Director, Public Services Department/Andre Brackin - County Engineer, Public Services Department )
m. Request to ratify an extension of days included in the Disaster Declaration signed on May 15, 2015 to extend through May 21, 2015 per emergency item approval at the May 21, 2015 meeting of the Board of County Commissioners. (Jim Reid - Executive Director, Public Services Department)
n. Applications by Todays Health Care LLC and Todays Health Care II, LLC. to renew their Medical Marijuana OPCL licenses located at 6345 East Platte Avenue (continued from May 21, 2015). (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk & Recorder's Office)
o. Contracts and Procurement 2015 Regular Items: (Eileen Gonzales - Contracts and Procurement Manager)
1. Contract Amendment #1 and Change Order to Rocky Mountain Materials & Asphalt, Inc. (RMMA) for 2015 Laying Hot Mix Asphalt Pavement Project for the Public Services Department (Engineering Division) at a cost not to exceed $78,876.52 (CON#15-011) PPRTA.
2. Contract Amendment #1 and Change Order to Wilson & Company for civil and traffic engineering planning and design services for Struthers Road – Gleneagle Drive Intersection for the Public Services Department (Engineering Division) at a cost not to exceed $242,423.50 (CON#10-077).
8. Land Use Consent Calendar:
a. SECURITY WATER and SANITATION PUMP STATION - SUBDIVISION EXEMPTION – (A quasi-judicial matter before the Board of County Commissioners) - a request by Springs Engineering (applicant) on behalf of Cygnet Land LLC (owner) for a Subdivision Exemption to create a parcel for a new pump station for Security Water & Sanitation. A concurrent location approval and site development plan are being processed. The .36 acre site is zoned A-5 (Agriculture) and is located northeast of Grinnell Boulevard and Bradley Road and is within Section 7, Township 15 South, Range 65 west of the 6th P.M., El Paso County, Colorado. The parcel is not included within a small area plan. (Tax Schedule No. 55072-06-012)(EX-15-002) (Nina Ruiz - Project Manager /Planner II, Development Services Department)
b. PRELIMINARY PLAN - STERLING RANCH - (A quasi-judicial matter before the Board of County Commissioners) - a request by Morley-Bentley Investments, LLC., 8335 Vollmer Road, LLC., Arvest Bank, SR Land, LLC. for preliminary plan approval. The preliminary plan is 182.26+/- acres, which includes: 457 single-family lots, 6 commercial lots, tracts to be utilized for open space and drainage and public right-of-way. The development is zoned Commercial Service (CS) and Residential Suburban (RS-5000). The site is located within the Sterling Ranch Metro District which is anticipated to provide central water. The Meridian Service Metropolitan District is anticipated to provide waste water services. The State Engineer’s Office has made a finding of sufficiency regarding water quantity and dependability. The parcel is located east of Vollmer Road, north of Woodmen Road and west of Meridian Road in Sections 32 and 33 Townships 12 south, Range 65 west of the 6th Principal Meridian P.M. The site is within the Black Forest Preservation Plan (1998) area and the Falcon Peyton Small Area Plan (2008). (Tax Schedule Nos. 52330-00-008, 52330-00-009, 52000-00-231, 52000-00-364, 53000-00-173, 53000-00-222) (SP-14-015) (Kari Parsons - Project Manager/Planner II, Development Services Department)
c. FINAL PLAT - BLACK FOREST RESERVE FILING # 3 - (A quasi-judicial matter before the Board of County Commissioners) – a request by Black Forest Partners, LLC, for final plat approval of Black Forest Reserve Filing # 3. The proposed 254.53+/- acre subdivision is in the PUD (Planned Unit Development) zone districts. The subdivision includes 53 single-family lots with a minimum lot size of 2.5 acres. The property is located directly west of Meridian Road adjacent to the Woodlake Subdivision, directly north of Murphy Road, within sections 35 and 36, township 11 south range 65 west of the 6th PM, and is in the Black Forest Preservation Plan area. (Schedule No. 51000-00-449)(SF-06-034) (Kari Parsons - Project Manager/Planner II, Development Services Department)
9. Proclamation recognizing the retirement of Rick Leffler. (Darryl Glenn - Commissioner, Board of County Commissioners)
10. Called-Up Consent Calendar.
11. Public hearing to consider and approve amendments to Appendix B Guidelines and Regulations for Areas and Activities of State Interest of El Paso County (1041 Regulations), previously adopted by the Board on April 22, 2014, and as recorded on August 6, 2014, at Reception No. 214070625 of the records of the El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s Office, pursuant to the Areas and Activities of State Interest Act, C.R.S. §§ 24-65.1-101, et seq., which will modify certain existing provisions and add new provisions in Chapter 5 regarding Site Selection and Construction of Major Facilities of a Public Utility, specifically revising Chapter 5, Sections 5.104 and 5.202 pertaining to the location of transmission lines and natural gas pipelines with respect to County roads. (Cole Emmons - Senior Assistant County Attorney/Mark Gebhart - Deputy Director, Development Services Department and Andre Brackin - County Engineer, Public Services Department)
12. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items.
14. Executive Session:
a. Executive Session pursuant to C.R.S. § 24-6-402(4)(b) and (e), regarding the interim replacement of outgoing County Administrator Jeff Greene and regarding the recruitment and retention of a County Administrator and for the specific purposes of:
1) Conference with the County Attorney’s Office for the purpose of receiving legal advice on specific legal questions; and
2) determining positions relative to matters that may be subject to negotiations; developing strategy for negotiations; and instructing negotiators. (Amy Folsom - County Attorney)
b. Executive Session pursuant to C.R.S. § 24-6-402(4)(b), regarding amendments to Appendix B Guidelines and Regulations for Areas and Activities of State Interest of El Paso County (1041 Regulations), specifically to amend Sections 5.104 and 5.202, Chapter 5, Site Selection and Construction of Major Facilities of a Public Utility, pertaining to the location of electric transmission lines and pipelines with respect to County roads, to include the following:
1. Conference with the County Attorney’s Office for the purpose of receiving legal advice on specific legal questions. (Cole Emmons - Senior Assistant County Attorney)
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
Audio recordings of Non-Action Public Meetings (Work Sessions, etc.) are also available free of charge on the County’s website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.