Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
5. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
6. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda.
7. Community Service Organization Reports.
a. Report on the Continuum of Care and regional homelessness (DeAnne McCann and Beth Hall Roalstad - Homeward Pikes Peak Executive Director)
b. Downtown Partnership Update. (Nicola Sapp - CFAO, Administration and Financial Services)
c. Southwest Downtown Redesign Update. (Henry Yankowski - County Administrator/Bob Cope - City of Colorado Springs)
8. Consent Calendar:
a. Approved Abatement Requests: (Steve Schleiker - Assessor)
1. Request to uphold the County Assessor’s recommendation to approve a tax abatement petition by Addison Cheyenne, LLC., c/o Sam Cameron for 2015 and 2016 taxes in the amounts of $20,259.86 and $20,303.02 respectively. Schedule No. 65064-10-079
b. Request to approve the June 27, June 29, and July 11, 2017 minutes. (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk and Recorder's Office)
c. Request to establish the survey area and set August 22, 2017 as the hearing date on the application by Maverik, d/b/a Maverik #494, for a New Retail 3.2 % Beer Off-Premises liquor license to be located at 2477 Peterson Road, El Paso County, Colorado 80915. (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk and Recorder's Office)
d. A resolution of the Board of County Commissioners of El Paso County, Colorado authorizing the issuance and delivery of its Multifamily Housing Revenue Note (Traditions at Colorado Springs Project) Series 2017 in the aggregate principal amount not to exceed $22,000,000; and authorizing the execution and delivery by the County of any and all necessary documents to effectuate the issuance of such note. (Nicola Sapp - CFAO, Administration and Financial Services/DeAnne McCann - Division Manager, Economic Development)
e. Request to approve Public Trustee’s second quarter report. (Thomas Mowle - Public Trustee)
f. Approval and acceptance of an Acceptance of Grant Funding document from the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing awarding the El Paso County Department of Human Services funding in the amount of $215,721.20 for the HSConnects Project. (Julie Krow - Executive Director, Human Services/Karen Logan - Director, Human Services)
g. Final release of Check Nos. 515558382 and 1603 for public improvements of Black Forest Reserve Filing No. 1 subdivision in the amount of $100,835.00 plus accrued interest. (Jim Reid - Executive Director, Department of Public Works/Jennifer Irvine - County Engineer, Department of Public Works)
h. Resolution approving General Release and Agreement and Monetary Settlement regarding EEOC Charge No. 541-2017-01202. (Diana May - Senior Assistant County Attorney)
i. Contracts and Procurement 2017 Regular Items: (Eileen Gonzales - Contracts and Procurement Manager)
1. Service Contract and Purchase Order to Fostering Hope Foundation for Foster Parent Support Teams for the Department of Human Services at a cost of $27,500.00. (Con No.: DHS17-87)
2. Award of a Purchase Order to Revision Inc. for professional staff augmentation services to facilitate two (2) on-premise positions for the operations of our risk based cybersecurity program for the Information Technology Department. Award amount is not to exceed $182,000.00. Contract #16-101A
3. Construction Contract and Purchase Order to Morton Electric Inc. for Electrical Services and RV pedestals for the 4-H campground at the County Fairgrounds for the Community Services Department at a total cost of $70,840.00. (IFB No.:17-065)
4. Purchase Order to District 11 for GED Instructions and testing at CJC for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office at a not-to-exceed cost of $31,851.00.
5. Award of a Construction Contract and Purchase Order to Wyoming Efficiency Contractors, Inc. for Fountain Creek Regional Trail Flood Repair Project for the Community Services Department/Parks Division at a total not-to-exceed cost of $143,835.00. (IFB 17-061)
6. Purchase Order to Warrior Kit, for eight (8), Ballistic Vests and Accessories, for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office at a not-to-exceed cost of $26,360.00. (State of Colorado Price Agreement, 2016*0200)
9. Called Up Consent Calendar.
Land Use Regular Items:
10. MAP AMENDMENT (REZONE) - BLUE GILL INDUSTRIAL - (a quasi-judicial matter before the Board of County Commissioners) - A request by R & D Enterprises, LLC, for approval of a map amendment (rezoning) of 7.98 acres from RR-5 (GA-0) (Residential Rural, General Aviation Overlay District) to I-3 (GA-0) (Heavy Industrial, General Aviation Overlay District). The property is located west of Meadow Lake Airport, and southeast of the Highway 24 and Judge Orr Road intersection. (Parcel No. 43050-02-001) (I-17-001) (Nina Ruiz - Project Manager/Planner II, Planning and Community Development Department)
11. EL PASO COUNTY LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE AMENDMENT - AGRITAINMENT - (a legislative matter before the Board of County Commissioners) - A request by El Paso County Planning and Community Development to amend the El Paso County Land Development Code (2016) to address the recent interest regarding agriculturally related entertainment. The amendments include the following: 1) adding Section 5.2.5. Agritainment; 2) adding definitions to Chapter 1, Definitions of Specific Terms and Phrases, to include “Agritainment” and “Vineyard”; 3); amending the definition of Recreation Camp in Chapter 1, Definitions of Specific Terms and Phrases, to include “Dude Ranch” and 4) revising principal uses Table 5-1 and accessory uses Table 5-2; and conforming changes. (LDC-16-011) (Nina Ruiz - Project Manager/Planner II, Planning and Community Development Department/Mindy Madden - Code Enforcement Supervisor, Planning and Community Development)
12. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items:
a. Report to Commissioners on the state-wide full-scale exercise that was conducted on June 16, 2017 titled “Exercise Test El Paso County’s Response to a Health Crisis”. (Dan Martindale - Director, El Paso County Public Health/Tom Gonzalez and Lisa Powell - Deputy Director and Emergency Preparedness and Response Program Manager, El Paso County Public Health)
b. Tobacco Free Campus Update. (Dan Martindale - Director of Public Health/Susan Wheelan - Deputy Director of Public Health)
14. Executive Session:
a. Pursuant to C.R.S. §24-6-402(4)(b), an Executive Session is requested by the County Attorney’s Office regarding ballot language for consideration by the BoCC requesting voter approval to retain and expend revenue collected above TABOR spending limits without raising taxes, for the specific purposes of:
1. Conference with the County Attorney’s Office for the purpose of receiving legal advice on specific legal questions including but not limited to legal implications of a ballot question and ballot language options. (Amy Folsom, County Attorney/Lori Seago, Senior Assistant County Attorney)
b. Pursuant to C.R.S. § 24-6-402(4)(b), an Executive Session is requested by the County Attorney’s Office regarding a confidential employment matter and the potential waiver of BoCC attorney-client privilege with respect to the investigation surrounding that matter to further disciplinary action and for the specific purposes of:
1. Conference with the County Attorney’s Office for the purpose of receiving legal advice on specific legal questions including but not limited to legal implications of waiver of the attorney-client privilege in an employment matter. (Amy Folsom - County Attorney/Diana May - Senior Assistant County Attorney)
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
Audio recordings of Non-Action Public Meetings (Work Sessions, etc.) are also available free of charge on the County’s website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.