Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Tuesday, August 04, 2015 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
5. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
6. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda and Community Organization Reports.
7. Consent Calendar:
a. Request to approve issuance of an Ambulance Permit for Colorado Springs Fire Department. (Imad Karaki - Executive Director, Support Services Department)
b. Request to approve issuance of Ambulance Permits for American Medical Response, Inc. (AMR). (Imad Karaki - Executive Director, Support Services Department)
c. Resolution for authorization of petty cash for the Employee Benefits and Medical Services Department for Budget Year 2015. (Nicola Sapp - County Budget Officer)
d. Resolution to recognize revenue and appropriate expenditures in the amount of $1,998 from the Federal Pass-Through Click It or Ticket Grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation, through the Colorado Department of Transportation, for the 2015 Nighttime Enforcement period of July 20 through July 26, 2015 to enforce seat belt laws, to the Sheriff's Office 2015 budget. (Nicola Sapp - County Budget Officer/Larry Borland - Administrator, Sheriff's Office)
e. Resolution to ratify approval of a sublease for 101 West Costilla Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80903 between the El Paso County Board of County Commissioners and the United States of America, for the benefit of the Federal Emergency Management Agency. (Jim Reid - Executive Director, Public Services Department)
f. Request to approve of the Public Trustee's 2015 2nd Quarter Report. (Thomas Mowle - Public Trustee)
g. Contracts & Procurement 2015 Regular Items: (Eileen Gonzales - Contracts & Procurement Manager)
1. Purchase Order for legal representation for the Board of County Commissioners at a total not-to-exceed amount of $50,000.00.
2. Purchase Orders to Dell Computer Corporation for Ruggedized Computers for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office at a total not-to-exceed cost of $464,926.80 (State of Colorado #20511YYY30M/WSCA).
3. Approval of a contract between PaintCare, Inc. and El Paso County in compliance with the Colorado Architectural Paint Recovery Program Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Site and waste paint management for the transportation, recycling and disposal of program products (CON# 15-058).
8. Proclamation recognizing the retirement of Richard Payne. (Dennis Hisey, Vice Chair, Board of County Commissioners)
9. Proclamation recognizing National Health Center Week. (Peggy Littleton, Commissioner – Board of County Commissioners)
10. Called-Up Consent Calendar.
11. Request to appeal to the Board of County Commissioners an administrative decision to deny a secondary access permit (continued from July 28, 2015). (Jim Reid - Executive Director, Public Services Department/Andre Brackin - County Engineer, Public Services Department )
12. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items:
a. Monthly Budget Report - June 2015
Sales and Use Tax Report - May 2015
(Nicola Sapp - County Budget Officer)
14. Executive Session.
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
Audio recordings of Non-Action Public Meetings (Work Sessions, etc.) are also available free of charge on the County’s website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.