Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
5. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
6. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda.
7. Community Service Organization Reports.
8. Consent Calendar:
a. Proclamation recognizing the retirement of Diann Lucas. (Longinos Gonzalez - Board of County Commissioners)
b. Request to approve appointment to the Joint City/County Drainage Board. (Megan Astrella - Administrative Assistant, Administration and Financial Services)
c. Request to approve an appointment to the El Paso County Community Development Advisory Board (CDAB). (Megan Astrella - Administrative Assistant, Administration and Financial Services)
d. Application by Stamp Enterprises, Inc., d/b/a The Wine Seller, to renew its license located at 2508 Roberts Dr., Suite A, El Paso County. All applicable documents and fees have been filed and no adverse comments have been received from the Sheriff’s Investigator. (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk and Recorder's Office)
e. Request to approve the March 14 and 16, 2017 minutes. (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk and Recorder's Office)
f. Partial release of Check No. 00009842 for public improvements of James Irwin Charter School project in the amount of $96,086.60. (Jim Reid - Executive Director, Department of Public Works/Jennifer Irvine - County Engineer, Department of Public Works)
g. Final release of Bond No. 09197656 for Grading and Erosion Control of CSU Solar Array (Clear Springs Solar Ranch) project in the amount of $358,997.53. (Jim Reid - Executive Director, Department of Public Works/Jennifer Irvine - County Engineer, Department of Public Works)
h. Contracts and Procurement 2017 Regular Items: (Eileen Gonzales - Contracts and Procurement Manager)
1. Change order to purchase order to Express Employment Professionals for additional temporary staffing for the Department of Human Services at a cost of $48,136.00. (State Agreement 96478YYY02P)
2. Purchase order to Vermeer Corporation for the purchase of a VX30-500 Vacuum Excavator with 24.8 hp Kubota Tier IV Final diesel Engine for the Department of Public Works/Fleet Division at a cost not to exceed $51,504.50. (NJPA CON# 070313-VRM)
3. Purchase order to Westates Inc. for the purchase of 73,060 pounds GAP C mastic wide crack filler for the Department of Public Works/Highway Division at a cost not to exceed $40,000.00. (Single-Source)
9. Land Use Consent Calendar:
a. MINOR SUBDIVISION - PONY TRACKS - (a quasi-judicial matter before the Board of County Commissioners) - A request by Greg and Tanya Wolff for approval of a minor subdivision to create three (3) single-family residential lots. The 13.66 acre property is zoned RR-5 (Residential Rural) and is located on the west side of Roller Coaster Road at the northwest corner of the Old Ranch Road and Roller Coaster Road Intersection. (Parcel No. 62040-00-034) (MS-16-003) (Raimere Fitzpatrick - Project Manager/Planner II, Planning and Community Development Department)
b. FINAL PLAT - MAYEDA VACATION REPLAT - (a quasi-judicial matter before the Board of County Commissioners) - A request by Douglas and Martha Mayeda for approval of a final plat to create two (2) single-family residential lots. The 1.54 acre property is zoned RS-20000 (Residential Suburban) and is located northeast of the intersection of El Dorado Way and Saint Andrews Drive approximately one-half (1/2) mile north of the Highway 105 and Lake Woodmoor Drive intersection. (Parcel No. 71123-05-013) (VR-16-014) (Nina Ruiz - Project Manager/Planner II, Planning and Community Development Department)
10. Called-Up Consent Calendar.
11. Resolution to Amend Term Limits for the El Paso County Board of Health (continued from March 16, 2017). (Dan Martindale - El Paso County Public Health Director, Department of Health and Environment)
Land Use Regular Items:
12. VARIANCE OF USE - GATEWAY TRUCKING - (a quasi-judicial matter before the Board of County Commissioners) - A request by Perry Hastings for approval of a variance of use to operate a contractor’s equipment yard (trucking business). The 42.3 acre parcel is zoned RR-5 (Residential Rural) and is located on the east side of Franceville Coalmine Road approximately one (1) mile south of the intersection of Franceville Coalmine Road and State Highway 94. (Parcel No. 44000-00-531) (VA-15-004) (Raimere Fitzpatrick - Project Manager/Planner II, Planning and Community Development Department)
13. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items.
15. Executive Session.
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
Audio recordings of Non-Action Public Meetings (Work Sessions, etc.) are also available free of charge on the County’s website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.