Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Tuesday, December 23, 2014 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
5. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
6. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda and Community Organization Reports.
7. Land Use Consent Calendar:
a. VACATION/REPLAT - SECURITY COLORADO ADDITION NO. 6A - (A Quasi-judicial matter before the Board of County Commissioners) - Request by MVE on behalf of the property owner, Catholic Diocese of Colorado Springs, for a vacation and replat of Block 11, Security Colorado Addition Number 6 to create two legal lots. An existing religious institution is at 565 Marquette Drive and 567 Marquette Drive is the Knights of Columbus building. The property is presently zoned RM-30 (Residential Multi Dwelling) and is located 0.15 miles northeast of the intersection Main Street and Security Boulevard, Section 11, Township 15 south, Range 66 west of the 6th P.M., El Paso County, Colorado. This property is not located within a small area plan. (Tax Schedule Nos. 65123-14-015 and 65123-14-012) (VR-14-006) (Nina Ruiz - Project Manager/Planner II, Development Services Department)
8. Called-Up Consent Calendar.
9. Resolution to recognize revenue and appropriate expenditures in the amount of $25,000 to the Clerk and Recorder's 2015 budget for collection of fees to add Drivers License services. (Elaine Johnsen - Funding Optimization Manager, Budget Administration/Wayne Williams - Clerk and Recorder)
10. Resolution to execute releases in favor of Bond Safeguard Insurance Company for Subdivision Bonds Nos. 5014103 and 5028535. (Lori Seago - Senior Assistant County Attorney)
11. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items.
a. Resolution accepting the resignation of the El Paso County Assessor, Mark Lowderman, and appointment of an interim El Paso County Assessor. (Jeff Greene - County Administrator)
b. Resolution acknowledging the retirement of El Paso County Sheriff, Terry Maketa, accepting the same as a resignation of office, and appointing an interim El Paso County Sheriff. (Amy Folsom - County Attorney)
13. Executive Session.
a. Executive Session Pursuant to C.R.S. § 24-6-402(4)(b) and (e), concerning a request by Golden West Power Partners, LLC, a subsidiary of NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, for approval of an overlay rezone for the Golden West Wind Energy Project – Wind and/or Solar Energy Generation Plan Overlay District Rezone (WSE-O), including an Amended Development Agreement, and for an Amended 1041 Permit, to address the following:
1. Conference with the County Attorney’s Office for the purpose of receiving legal advice on specific legal questions; and
2. determining positions relative to matters that may be subject to negotiations; developing strategy for negotiations; and instructing negotiators. (Cole Emmons - Senior Assistant County Attorney/Craig Dossey - Project Manager, Development Services Department)
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings of BOCC meetings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items