Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Tuesday, April 21, 2015 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
TAKE NOTE: THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS WILL ATTEND THE SWEARING IN CEREMONY OF THE NEWLY ELECTED OFFICIALS OF THE CITY OF COLORADO SPRINGS. IF THE BOCC MEETING IS STILL IN PROGRESS, THE CHAIR WILL RECESS THE MEETING AT 9:30 A.M. AND RECONVENE LATER IN THE DAY.
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
5. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
6. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda and Community Organization Reports.
7. Consent Calendar:
a. Approved Abatements: (Steve Schleiker - Assessor)
1. Request to uphold the County Assessor’s recommendation to approve a tax abatement petition by CW Monument 2013, LLC, for 2013 taxes in the amount of $11,732.15. (Schedule No. 71133-00-017)
2. Request to uphold the County Assessor’s recommendation to approve a tax abatement petition by Pinery, LLC, for 2014 taxes in the amount of $17,116.67. (Schedule No. 52170-00-099)
b. Request for consideration of a resolution to approve a Waiver of Conflict of Interest regarding Sherman & Howard, LLC. (Amy Folsom - County Attorney)
c. Request to approve appointments to the El Paso County Citizen Budget Oversight Committee Advisory Board. (Jessica McMullen - Executive Administrative Assistant, Administrative Services)
d. Contracts & Procurement 2015 Regular Items: (Eileen Gonzales - Contracts and Procurement Manager)
1. Amendment #4 to Professional Services Contract and Change Order to Purchase Order to Young Williams, PC for operations of the Child Support Enforcement Office for the Department of Human Services at a cost of $199,629.38 (CON#11-002).
2. Purchase Order to CDW Government Inc. for document scanners for the Department of Human Services at a not-to-exceed cost of $111,875.00 (State of Colorado #20511YYY41M/WSCA).
3. Purchase Order to Open Text Inc. for eDocs Software Licenses for the Department of Human Services at a not-to-exceed cost of $98,203.20.
e. Request to approve the April 7, 2015 Minutes. (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk & Recorder's Office)
f. Resolution to approve a Park Lands Agreement with Lorson South Land Corp and PaintBrush Hills Metropolitan District. (Tim Wolken - Executive Director, Community Services Department)
8. Called-Up Consent Calendar.
9. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items.
11. Executive Session:
a. Executive Session pursuant to C.R.S. § 24-6-402(4)(b), and (e), concerning a conservation easement located on 0 Woodmen Road E. (Schedule No. 63101-00-015), to include the following:
1. Conference with the County Attorney’s Office for the purpose of receiving legal advice on specific legal questions; and
2. determining positions relative to matters that may be subject to negotiations; developing strategy for negotiations; and instructing negotiators. (Cole Emmons - Senior Assistant County Attorney/Steven Klaffky - Assistant County Attorney)
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
Audio recordings of Non-Action Public Meetings (Work Sessions, etc.) are also available free of charge on the County’s website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.