Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Tuesday, October 21, 2014 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Changes/Postponements/Notice of next Meeting.
5. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
6. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda and Community Organization Reports.
7. Consent Calendar:
a. Proclamation recognizing the retirement of Pamela Podhirny. (Dennis Hisey - Chair, Board of County Commissioners)
b. Request for review and approval of a resolution approving an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) for fuel support between El Paso County and Frontier Charter Academy. (Jim Reid - Executive Director, Public Services Department/Max Kirschbaum - Operations Manager, Public Services Department)
c. Request to approve the October 7, 14 and 16, 2014 minutes. (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk & Recorder's Office)
8. Called-Up Consent Calendar.
9. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items.
11. Executive Session:
a. Executive Session pursuant to C.R.S. § 24-6-402(4)(b) and (e), regarding EEOC complaints filed by members of the Sheriff’s Office and pending notices of claim against the Sheriff’s Office requiring internal investigation of County systems, including:
1. Conference with the County Attorney’s Office for the purpose of receiving legal advice on specific legal questions; and
2. determining positions relative to matters that may be subject to negotiations; developing strategy for negotiations; and instructing negotiators. (Diana May - Senior Assistant County Attorney/Raymond Deeny - Esq., Sherman & Howard)
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings of BOCC meetings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.