Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Tuesday, April 25, 2017 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
5. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
6. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda.
7. Community Service Organization Reports:
a. Leadership Pikes Peak Presentation – Justice Services Internship Program. (Christine Burns - Community Outreach Division Manager, Community Services Department/Jessica Gladney, Leadership Pikes Peak)
8. Consent Calendar:
a. Request to approve reappointment to the Planning Commission. (Linda Berg - Administrative Assistant, Administration and Financial Services)
b. Request to approve the April 11 and 13, 2017 minutes. (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk and Recorder's Office)
c. Resolution to issue an Ambulance Service License to Black Forest Fire Rescue. (Ted Sayer - ESA Business Analyst, Department of Public Works)
d. Final release of Check No. 1005 for public improvements of Claremont Business Park Filing No. 2, Lot 15 in the amount of $15,197.42. (Jim Reid - Executive Director, Department of Public Works/Jennifer Irvine - County Engineer, Department of Public works)
e. Resolution to approve application for Final Acceptance of certain streets within The Reserve at Coral Bluffs Filing No. 1 subdivision into the El Paso County road maintenance system. (Jim Reid - Executive Director, Department of Public Works/Jennifer Irvine - County Engineer, Department of Public Works)
f. Contracts and Procurement 2017 Regular Items: (Eileen Gonzales - Contracts and Procurement Manager)
1. Construction contract and purchase Order to Faith Enterprises, Inc. for the 9 East Vermijo Renovation Project for the Public Works Department – Facilities Division at a total not-to-exceed cost of $298,900.00. (IFB 17-032)
2. Purchase order to Larry H. Miller Chrysler, for three (3), 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Vans, for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office at a not-to-exceed cost of $58,479.00. (State of Colorado Price Agreement, 2017*0125)
3. Change order and contract amendment to Sedlak Electric for additional electrical work at the County Fairgrounds Owens Livestock Pavilion for the Community Services Department, Planning Division for a cost of $44,455.00 (IFB 17-018).
4. Purchase order to Colorado Springs Dodge for two (2), 2017 Dodge Chargers, for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office at a not-to-exceed cost of $49,298.00. (State of Colorado Price Agreement, 2017*0115)
5. Purchase order to Daniels Long Chevrolet, for two (2), 2017 Chevrolet 15 Passenger Van; one (1) 2017 Chevrolet Cargo Van; one (1) 2017 Chevrolet 2500 Express Cargo Van; and, one (1) Chevrolet Impala for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office at a not-to-exceed cost of $128,841.24. (State of Colorado Price Agreement, 2017*0112)
6. Purchase order to Larry H. Miller Ford Lakewood, for two (2), 2017 Ford Police Interceptors, for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office at a not-to-exceed cost of $59,795.85. (State of Colorado Price Agreement, 2017*0111)
9. Called-Up Consent Calendar.
10. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items:
a. County Detox Program report. (Nicola Sapp - CFAO, Administration and Financial Services)
12. Executive Session.
WHEN: Immediately following the BoCC meeting.
WHERE: Centennial Hall Auditorium, 200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
AGENDA: To present an alternative fuel plant for the CJC Complex.
PRESENTERS: Jim Reid, Executive Director, Department of Public Works
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
Audio recordings of Non-Action Public Meetings (Work Sessions, etc.) are also available free of charge on the County’s website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.