Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Consent to Appoint Deputy District Attorneys. (Dan May – District Attorney)
5. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
6. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
7. Community Service Organization Reports:
a. Colorado Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau Report. (Henry Yankowski - County Administrator, Administrative Services/Doug Price - CEO, Colorado Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau)
8. Consent Calendar:
a. Application by Beau’s Roadhouse, LLC, d/b/a Beau’s Roadhouse, to modify the premises of its hotel & restaurant liquor license located at 6750 Shoup Road. (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk & Recorder's Office)
b. Request to approve the May 10, 2016 minutes. (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk & Recorder's Office)
c. Request for review and approval of a resolution to approve an Agreement for Cooperative Wildfire Protection between the County and the Department of Public Safety - Division of Fire Prevention and Control. (John Padgett - Commander, Sheriff's Office)
d. Resolution to open a checking account for the Development Services Department to be used as a clearing account for fees collected electronically. (Jeannine Debowey - Accounting Administrator, Treasurer’s Office)
e. A resolution authorizing the issuance and sale of a not to exceed $15,000,000 El Paso County, Colorado, refunding revenue bond (Young Men's Christian Association of the Pikes Peak Region Project) Series 2016 in one or more series of fixed or variable rate bonds. (Nicola Sapp - CFAO, Administration and Financial Services/DeAnne McCann - Division Manager, Economic Development)
f. Approval and acceptance of Contract Amendment No. 2 to Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) with the State of Colorado acting through the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing for the County Medicaid Incentives Program (State Contract 2015CMIP041).
(Richard Bengtsson - Executive Director, Human Services/Rebecca Michael - Manager, Human Services)
g. Contracts and Procurement 2016 Regular Items: (Eileen Gonzales - Contracts and Procurement Manager)
1. Purchase Order to All Metro Door & Dock Services, Inc., for two (2) Sally Port doors for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office (CJC) at a not-to-exceed cost of $90,243.00. (IFB 16-046)
9. Land Use Consent Calendar:
a. A request by Waterview Metropolitan District No. 1 for approval of an Amendment to allow the Waterview Metropolitan District No. 1 to provide covenant enforcement. (ID-16-002) (Kari Parsons - Project Manager, Development Services Department)
10. Proclamation recognizing the retirement of Cheryl Beier. (Darryl Glenn -Commissioner, Board of County Commissioners)
11. Proclamation recognizing Memorial Day. (Amy Lathen - Chair, Board of County Commissioners)
12. Called-Up Consent Calendar.
13. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items.
15. Executive Session.
16. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda.
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
Audio recordings of Non-Action Public Meetings (Work Sessions, etc.) are also available free of charge on the County’s website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.