Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Tuesday, October 24, 2017 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
5. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
6. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda.
7. Community Service Organization Reports.
a. Report on the journey and mission of the Colorado Springs Black and Latino Leadership Coalition. (Longinos Gonzalez – Commissioner, Board of County Commissioners; David Vasquez - President, Colorado Springs Black and Latino Leadership Coalition)
b. Report on Municipal Water Reporting Tool. (Henry Yankowski - County Administrator, Administration and Financial Services/Sean Chambers - President, Chambers Econ & Analytics, LLC)
8. Consent Calendar:
a. Resolution to approve Second Amended and Restated Intergovernmental Agreement among El Paso County, Colorado, the City of Colorado Springs, the City of Manitou Springs, the Town of Green Mountain Falls, and the Town of Ramah regarding the Pikes Peak Regional Transportation Authority (Jim Reid - Executive Director, Department of Public Works/Jennifer Irvine - County Engineer, Department of Public Works)
b. Request to approve the Board of County Commissioners October 10 and 12, 2017 minutes. (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk and Recorder's Office)
c. Contracts and Procurement 2017 Regular Items: (Eileen Gonzales - Contracts and Procurement Manager)
1. Amendment #1 to Hammer Consulting & Forensics, LLC for consulting services for the Department of Human Services at a not-to-exceed cost of $25,000 (CON # DHS-17-38).
2. Purchase orders to CDW Government, Inc. for purchase of seventy-five (75) Fujitsu scanners for the Department of Human Services at a total cost of $63,729.60 (NIPA CON. # 130733).
3. Construction contract and purchase order to Ed Green Construction Company for the Technical Support Building 1st Floor Remodel project for the Department of Public Works Department, Facilities Management, for the Information Technology Department for a not-to-exceed cost of $99,650.00. (Contract # 17-090)
4. Award of a contract and purchase order to Provox Systems for an Agenda Management System for the Information Technology Department for the Clerk and Recorder’s Office at an award amount not to exceed $59,585.00. Contract #17-019.
5. Award of a purchase order to Tek Systems, Inc. for professional staff augmentation services to facilitate two (2) on-premise positions of Customer Support Analyst in the Information Technology Department for $77,940.00. Contract 16-101C.
6. Approval of a purchase order to CDW Government, Inc. (CDW-G) for purchase of NetApp software and related hardware for the Information Technologies Department at a cost of $294,090.66. (National IPA Technology Solutions Contract 130733)
7. Award of a construction contract and purchase order to GH Phipps Construction Company for the Akers Fleet Building Refurbishment Project for the Department of Public Works, Transportation Division, at a total not-to-exceed cost of $162,519.00. (IFB 17-050)
8. Approval of a purchase order to PB Loader Corporation for the Department of Public Works, Highways Division, for the purchase of a PB Loader Model BC-4 Unibelt Asphalt Patcher at a cost not to exceed $118,461.00. (NJPA Contract# 113012-PBL)
9. Called-Up Consent Calendar.
10. Resolution to approve an Intergovernmental Agreement for software development. (Craig Dossey - Executive Director, Planning and Community Development Department/Roger Lovell - Building Official, Regional Building Department)
11. Resolution to approve an Intergovernmental Agreement for software lease and maintenance. (Craig Dossey - Executive Director, Planning and Community Development Department/Roger Lovell - Building Official, Regional Building Department)
12. First reading of proposed ordinance prohibiting the accumulation of rubbish. (Steven Klaffky – Assistant County Attorney)
13. First reading of proposed ordinance requiring the removal of weeds and brush. (Steven Klaffky – Assistant County Attorney)
14. First reading of proposed ordinance requiring the removal of unsafe buildings. (Steven Klaffky – Assistant County Attorney)
Land Use Regular Items:
15. VARIANCE OF USE - FLETES CONTRACTOR’S EQUIPMENT YARD - (a quasi-judicial matter before the Board of County Commissioners) - A request by Cesar and Elia Fletes for approval of a variance of use to legalize the use of a detached garage and adjacent outdoor area for a contractor’s equipment yard. The property is zoned RR-5 (Residential Rural) and is located on the north side of Falcon Highway approximately 1.1 miles east of the intersection of Falcon Highway and US Highway 24. (Continued from October 10, 2017) (Parcel No. 43000-00-269) (VA-17-004) (Raimere Fitzpatrick - Project Manager/Planner II, Planning and Community Development Department)
16. SPECIAL DISTRICT SERVICE PLAN - PETERSON GATEWAY METROPOLITAN DISTRICT - (a quasi-judicial matter before the Board of County Commissioners) - A request by Space Village Retail LLC, Peterson Group LLC, and Colorado Springs Equities, LLC for approval of a Colorado Revised Statutes Title 32 Special District service plan for the Peterson Gateway Metropolitan District. The proposed 4.58 acre district service area is located at the southeast corner of the intersection of Peterson Road and Space Village Drive and is within Section 17, Township 14 South, Range 65 West of the 6th P.M. The purposes of the district include the provision of the following services to property within the proposed service area boundaries: landscaping, entry way, and gateway improvements; water and wastewater infrastructure; street improvements and safety protection; drainage facilities; covenant enforcement and design review; and, security services. The single district service plan proposes the following: a maximum debt authorization of $3 million, a 1.5 percent monthly public improvement fee on all non-fuel sales for debt service, and an operations and maintenance mill levy of 10 mills. The proposed District is not included within the boundaries of a small area master plan. (Parcel Nos. 54170-00-022, 54170-01-001, and 54170-01-002) (ID-17-004) (Raimere Fitzpatrick - Project Manager/Planner II, Planning and Community Development Department)
17. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items:
a. An update from the Planning and Community Development Department on the El Paso County Water Master Plan process, including acknowledgement of the Steering Committee members. (Craig Dossey - Executive Director, Planning and Community Development Department)
19. Executive Session.
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
Audio recordings of Non-Action Public Meetings (Work Sessions, etc.) are also available free of charge on the County’s website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.