Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
5. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
6. Community Service Organization Reports.
7. Consent Calendar:
a. Application by Adrestia Entertainment Group Inc., d/b/a Sick Puppy Saloon, for change of manager of its tavern license located at 5975 Terminal Ave., El Paso County, CO. (Vicki Ratterree - Manager, Clerk & Recorder's Office)
b. Request to approve the August 16, 2016 minutes. (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk & Recorder's Office)
c. Resolution approving Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) between El Paso County and Teller County for implementation of a Workforce Development System pursuant to the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014. (Kenneth Hodges - Senior Assistant County Attorney)
d. Resolution to ratify the submittal of a Transportation Alternatives Program Grant application to Colorado Department of Transportation for Ute Pass Regional Trail Improvements. (Tim Wolken - Executive Director, Community Services Department)
e. Resolution to approve a Non-Exclusive Permanent Easement for Mountain View Electric Association, Inc. (Tim Wolken - Executive Director, Community Services Department/Elaine Kleckner - Planning Manager, Community Services Department)
f. Partial release of Bond No. 4399845 for public improvements (construction) of Meridian Ranch Filing No. 8 subdivision in the amount of $2,796,580.30. (Jim Reid - Executive Director, Department of Public Works/Jennifer Irvine - County Engineer, Department of Public Works)
g. Resolution to approve application for preliminary acceptance of certain streets within Meridian Ranch Filing No. 8 subdivision into the El Paso County road maintenance system. (Jim Reid - Executive Director, Department of Public Works/Jennifer Irvine - County Engineer, Department of Public Works)
h. Resolution to approve Memorandums of Understanding concerning Department of Public Works, emergency management, and hazardous materials response with multiple jurisdictions in El Paso County. (Jim Reid - Executive Director, Department of Public Works/Lonnie Inzer - Office of Emergency Management)
i. Contracts and Procurement 2016 Regular Items: (Eileen Gonzales - Contracts and Procurement Manager)
1. Purchase order to CDW Government, Inc. (CDW-G) for computer hardware, supplies and related software support services for the Information Technologies Department at a cost of $60,000.00. (BOCES price agreement 010-C)
2. Purchase order to HP Inc. for Hewlett Packard computer equipment, peripherals, and related services for the Information Technologies Department at a not-to-exceed amount of $70,000.00. (State Price Agreement 2016-0000-0000-0000-0142/NASPO)
3. Purchase order to Motorola C & E, Inc., for hand-held radios and accessories (qty 23) for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office at a not-to-exceed cost of $89,902.86. (NASPO# 2016-160)
4. Ratification of purchase order to Wagner Equipment Company for the motor grader repair services for the Department of Public Works at a total cost of $26,688.48. (CDOT Con #: 371001101)
5. Award of Construction Contract and purchase order to Singletrack Trails, Inc. for design/build construction of the Jones Park Trail Project for the Community Services Department at a total cost of $28,636.00. (RFP 16-072)
8. Land Use Consent Calendar:
a. FINAL PLAT - PIONEER LANDING AT LORSON RANCH FILING NO. 2 - (a quasi-judicial matter before the Board of County Commissioners) - A request by Lorson LLC Nominee and Lorson North Development Group for approval of a final plat to create 158 single-family residential lots. The property is zoned PUD (Planned Unit Development) and is located north of Fontaine Boulevard and east of Old Glory Road. (Parcel Nos. Multiple) (SF-16-008) (Kari Parsons - Project Manager/Planner II, Planning and Community Development Department)
b. FINAL PLAT - PROVIDENCE POINT - (a quasi-judicial matter before the Board of County Commissioners) - A request by Marc and Cheryl Haes for approval of a final plat to create six (6) single-family residential lots. The property is zoned RR-5 (Residential Rural) and is located south of Hodgen Road and west of Farrar Drive. (Parcel No. 61000-00-504) (SF-16-004) (Kari Parsons - Project Manager/Planner II, Planning and Community Development Department)
9. Called-Up Consent Calendar.
10. Resolution encouraging cooperation with emergency management agencies to respond to landslide disasters in the City of Colorado Springs. (Sallie Clark - Chair, Board of County Commissioners)
11. Resolution declaring opposition to proposed Colorado Constitution Amendment 69. (Sallie Clark - Chair, Board of County Commissioners)
12. Application by Adrestia Entertainment Group, Inc., d/b/a Sick Puppy Saloon, to waive the time requirement for filing an application and renew its tavern liquor license located at 5975 Terminal Ave., El Paso County. (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk & Recorder's Office)
13. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items:
a. Monthly Budget Report - July 2016 and Sales and Use Tax Report - June 2016. (Nicola Sapp - CFAO, Administration and Financial Services)
Land Use Regular Item:
a. APPEAL OF AN ADMINISTRATIVE DETERMINATION - WIDEFIELD WATER AND SANITATION DISTRICT - (a quasi-judicial matter before the Board of County Commissioners) - An appeal by the Widefield Water and Sanitation District of an administrative determination that the issuance of Water and Sewer Revenue Bonds, Series 2016 to refund outstanding indebtedness and to buyout the installment contract to purchase the “Cody Water Rights” would be a material modification to the approved 1996 Service Plan. The district provides water and sewer service to the Widefield area. (APP-16-003) (Mark Gebhart - Deputy Director, Planning and Community Development Department)
7. Consent Calendar (continued):
i. Contracts and Procurement 2016 Regular Items (continued):
6. Purchase order to Potestio Brothers Equipment for the purchase of a new John Deere 324E skid steer loader base and attachments for the Community Services Department/Parks Division at a cost of $56,414.57. (NJPA Award # 032515-JDC)
15. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda.
16. Executive Session.
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
Audio recordings of Non-Action Public Meetings (Work Sessions, etc.) are also available free of charge on the County’s website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.