Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Tuesday, August 15, 2017 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
5. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
6. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda.
7. Community Service Organization Reports.
8. Consent Calendar:
a. Request to approve the August 1, 2017 minutes. (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk and Recorder's Office)
b. Request to approve appointment to the Housing Authority. (Linda Berg - Administrative Assistant, Administration and Financial Services)
c. Application by El Paso County Fairgrounds Corporation, d/b/a El Paso County Fairgrounds, for change of corporate structure of its Optional Premises license located at 366 10th Street, Calhan, CO 80808. (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk and Recorder's Office)
d. Resolution to issue an Ambulance Service License to University of Colorado Hospital Authority. (Ted Sayer - ESA Business Analyst, Department of Public Works)
e. Issuance of Three Ambulance Permits for Tri-Lakes Monument Fire Protection District. (Ted Sayer - ESA Business Analyst, Department of Public Works)
f. Resolution approving waiver of conflict of interest regarding Butler Snow, LLP. (Amy Folsom - County Attorney)
g. Resolution to recognize revenue and appropriate expenditures in the amount of $23,294 from the U.S. Marshals Service Operations, pursuant to Memorandum of Understanding between El Paso County Sheriff's Office and District of Colorado (3), to the Sheriff's Office 2017 budget. (Nicola Sapp - CFAO, Administration and Financial Services/Larry Borland - Administrator, Sheriff's Office)
h. Resolution to approve a lease agreement for Latigo Open Space. (Tim Wolken - Executive Director, Community Services Department)
i. Contracts and Procurement 2017 Regular Items: (Eileen Gonzales - Contracts and Procurement Manager, Contracts & Procurement Division)
1. Award of a Purchase Order to Tek Systems, Inc. for professional staff augmentation services to facilitate one (1) on-premise position of Systems Engineer in the Information Technology Department for $73,400.00 Contract (16-101C)
2. Contract Amendment #4 and Change Order to HDR Engineering, Inc. for supplemental final design services for the Highway 105 Project A for the Department of Public Works, Engineering Division at a cost not to exceed $135,433.00 (CON#10-076)
9. Called-Up Consent Calendar.
10. Resolution to amend the El Paso County Commercial Aeronautical Zone Business Enhancement Program. (Nicola Sapp - CFAO, Administration and Financial Services/DeAnne McCann - Division Manager, Economic Development)
11. Hearing to consider the renewal, suspension, or revocation of medical marijuana licenses for Humboldt Care and Wellness, LLC d/b/a New Age Medical LLC for a Type 1 Medical Marijuana Center and associated Optional Premises Cultivation licenses. (Lori Seago - Senior Assistant County Attorney)
12. Application by Prima Brands, LLC, to transfer ownership of the existing medical marijuana dispensary license located at 6823 Space Village Avenue and two OPC licenses located at 1453 Woolsey Heights from Humboldt Care and Wellness LLC d/b/a New Age Medical LLC. (Continued from August 1, 2017) (Lori Seago - Senior Assistant County Attorney)
13. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items:
a. 2017 – 2021 Strategic Plan – Second Quarter Update. (Tim Wolken - Executive Director, Community Services Department)
15. Executive Session:
WORK SESSION AGENDA
WHEN: Immediately following the BoCC meeting
WHERE: Centennial Hall Auditorium, 200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
AGENDA: High Impact Road Prioritization
PRESENTERS: Jim Reid, Executive Director, Department of Public Works
Jennifer Irvine, County Engineer, Department of Public Works
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
Audio recordings of Non-Action Public Meetings (Work Sessions, etc.) are also available free of charge on the County’s website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.