Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) Meeting
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:00 AM
Centennial Hall Auditorium
200 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
3. Staff Emergency Items.
4. Changes/Postponements/Notice of Next Meeting.
5. Comments by Elected Officials and Commissioner Liaison Report(s).
6. Community Service Organization Reports.
7. Consent Calendar:
a. Request to approve reappointment to the Highway Advisory Commission. (Ingrid Mobley - Administrative Assistant, Administrative Services)
b. Request to approve appointments to the Pikes Peak Library District Board. (Ingrid Mobley - Administrative Assistant, Administrative Services)
c. Request to approve the Board of County Commissioners January 30 and February 1, 2018 minutes. (Vicki Ratterree - Clerk to the Board Manager, Clerk and Recorder's Office)
d. Issuance of two Ambulance Permits for American Medical Response. (Ted Sayer - Emergency Planner, Department of Public Works)
e. Resolution to approve an Intergovernmental Agreement establishing the administration and governance of the Metro Vice, Narcotics and Intelligence Division. (Bill Elder - Sheriff/Joe Breister - Undersheriff)
f. Request consideration and approval of a resolution to approve a Memorandum of Agreement, and to approve and accept a Temporary Construction Easement Agreement (TCE-9) and a Special Warranty Deed (Parcel RW-9) associated with a Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority (PPRTA) project known as the Monument Hill Road Safety Improvements Project. (Jim Reid - Executive Director, Department of Public Works/Jennifer Irvine - County Engineer, Department of Public Works)
g. Contracts and Procurement 2018 Regular Items: (Eileen Gonzales - Contracts and Procurement Manager)
1. Approval of a Purchase Order to KONE, Inc., for countywide elevator maintenance service for El Paso County at a not-to-exceed cost of $84,708.00. (US Communities Contract #201414653)
2. Approval of a purchase order to CDW Government, Inc., (CDW-G) for purchase of the hardware and associated software to upgrade the County’s server virtualization environment for the Information Technologies Department on behalf of the Sheriff’s Office at a cost of $80,715.44. (State of Colorado Contract MNNVP-134 #2016201600000)
3. Award of a Purchase Order to Farr West Environmental Supply, Inc., for the purchase of a Rigaku Progeny Analytical ResQ Chemical Detector for the Department of Public Works/Office of Emergency Management at a total not-to-exceed cost of $60,558.30. (Houston Galveston Area Council (HGAC) CON# EP11-17)
4. Amendment #2 and Change Order to Wilson & Company for civil and traffic engineering planning and design services for Struthers Road – Gleneagle Drive Intersection for the Department of Public Works (Engineering Division) at a cost not to exceed $200,000.00. (CON#10-077)
5. Amendment #4 to Contract Number 15-066: A Change Order for additional design service to Michael Baker International for the Charter Oak Ranch Road Project for the Department of Public Works Department/Engineering Division at a total not-to-exceed cost of $199,391.00. (CON#15-066)
8. Land Use Consent Calendar:
a. MAP AMENDMENT (REZONE) - RICE RANCH REZONE - (a quasi - judicial matter before the Board of County Commissioners) - A request by Rice Ranch, LLC for approval of a map amendment (rezoning) of 42.2 acres from A-5 (Agricultural) and M (Obsolete) to I-3 (Heavy Industrial). The property is located 0.2 miles west of South Highway 85, 0.2 miles east of Interstate 25 and 0.25 miles south of Highway 16. (Parcel Nos.: 65250-00-009, 65250-00-011, 65250-00-021) (I-17-002). (Nina Ruiz - Project Manager/Planner II, Planning and Community Development Department)
b. VARIANCE OF USE - SCHAEFER SECOND DWELLING - (a quasi - judicial matter before the Board of County Commissioners) - A request by Dan and Mary Jo Schaefer for approval of a variance of use to allow a second dwelling on a two-acre parcel in the A-5 (Agricultural) zoning district. The parcel is located approximately 1.9 miles northwest of the intersection of Woodmen Road and Rockrimmon Boulevard. (Parcel No. 73020-00-022) (VA-17-008). (Len Kendall - Project Manager/Planner I, Planning and Community Development Department)
9. Called-Up Consent Calendar.
Land Use Regular Items:
10. SPECIAL USE - DOUBLE D RANCH - (a quasi - judicial matter before the Board of County Commissioners) - A request by Deanne Brekke for approval of a special use to legalize an existing kennel. The property is zoned RR-5 (Residential Rural) and is located 0.15 miles west of Milam Road and one-half mile north of Old Ranch Road. (Parcel No. 62230-00-123) (AL-17-021). (Nina Ruiz - Project Manager/Planner II, Planning and Community Development Department)
11. FINAL PLAT - STERLING RANCH FILING NO. 1 (a quasi - judicial matter before the Board of County Commissioners) - A request by SR Land, LLC, SPF Investors, LLC, and Morley-Bentley Investments, LLC, for approval of a final plat to create 24 open space, drainage, trail corridor and landscape tracts, four (4) future residential development tracts, and a future commercial tract. The parcels are zoned RS-5000 (Residential Suburban) and CS (Commercial Service) and are located north of Marksheffel Road, south of the future extension of Briargate Parkway, east of Vollmer Road, and west of the future alignment of Sterling Ranch Road. (Parcel Nos. 52330-00-007, 52330-00-008, 52330-00-009) (SF-16-013). (Kari Parsons - Project Manaer/Planner II, Planning and Community Development Department)
12. Public comment on items not scheduled on the agenda.
13. Department and Committee Reports/Non Action Items.
15. Executive Session.
BOCC meeting agendas, backup materials and meeting results as well as archived agendas and audio recordings are available free of charge on the County's website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp. Backup materials for agenda items may be publicly viewed in the Reader’s file located in the Office of the BOCC.
Audio recordings of Non-Action Public Meetings (Work Sessions, etc.) are also available free of charge on the County’s website at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/bocc/agenda.asp.
The live audio/video may be accessed at http://bcc2.elpasoco.com/Audio/default.asp.
The BOCC may recess for lunch if consideration of agenda items extends beyond the morning session. A time to reconvene and complete discussion of the scheduled items will be announced.
Audio and audio/video copies of the record may be purchased by contacting the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at (719) 520-6430.